Sustainability Dual Major
What is the Sustainability Dual Major?
The undergraduate Sustainability Dual Major (SDM) is a program of study that enables students to understand and act on the environmental and social challenges and solutions needed to create a more sustainable world. The SDM provides an innovative pathway for emerging leaders to gain the skills and knowledge needed to be agents of change in a complex, ever-changing global environment. Students from any UNH college or major can pair the Sustainability Dual Major with the first major. From local to global, you’ll learn to analyze, evaluate, critique, and create new ideas and models around sustainability.
Why should I enroll?
As a cross-disciplinary field of study and practice, you’ll make connections across issues of science and ethics, policy and technology, and culture and history to better understand and take action on pressing issues of our time.
- Study grand challenges in a flexible format
- Apply your principles and passions to your academic work
- Add value to your primary major
- Work collaboratively across disciplines with students and faculty
- Develop skills needed to create sustainable solutions in any profession
- Prepare for a career in the expanding sustainability field
- Hone your leadership abilities to help create a better world
Be part of a growing and vibrant community of students who come from different backgrounds and disciplines but share a common goal of improving the world!
How do I enroll?
Are you ready to declare a dual major in sustainability? We’d love to have you join our growing community! Here’s what you need to do:
1. Make sure you meet the prerequisites:
- GPA of 2.5 or greater
- You’ve already declared your primary major
- You’ve taken or are registered to take SUST 401
2. Log onto WebCat and:
- Go to Student Records -> Change of Major -> Change Major/Option
- Click on the link next to Second Major
- Choose “Liberal Arts” as the college in the pull down menu and then select Sustainability as your new major
- Submit and Confirm Request
3. Your change of major is then approved by Vanessa Levesque and the Dean of COLA
Are you interested in learning a bit more about the dual major before enrolling? Contact Vanessa Levesque to set up a meeting!