For more information, please contact UNH Facilities Operation & Maintenance
UNH Facilities & Maintenance launched a sustainability initiative in 2008 outlining all of its best practices, including:
- Checking seals and gaskets on windows and doors regularly and seal crack with caulk.
- Using Energy Star™ appliances.
- Instructing contractors to observe clean indoor air policy.
- Training and certificing O&M staff on the newest UNH Planning, Design & Construction Standards
- Green cleaning
- Integrated pest management (IPM)
- Stormwater management
- Sustainable landscaping, including composting of all grass trimmings, prunings, fallen leaves, and landscaping waste. UNH Facilities uses compost from the UNH Kingman Farm for all of the Durham campus flowerbeds.
- Waste minimization & recycling