The Conservative Case for Acting on Climate: Why Putting a Price on Carbon Matters - A Conversation with Jerry Taylor
Wednesday, April 13, 2016 -12:30pm to 2:00pm
Memorial Union Building, Theater II, Durham
According to many conservatives, the core purpose of government is to protect rights to life, liberty and property. If greenhouse gas emissions threaten to violate those rights, then government must act against the threat. You are invited to come hear Niskanen Center President Jerry Taylor discuss the conservative and moral imperative for addressing climate change—and how it should be done.
Ongoing On-Campus Events
- Student Organic Garden Club Weekly Farmstand. Wednesdays, 11 AM - 2 PM, Murkland Courtyard, UNH Durham campus.
- Natural Resources & Earth System Sciences Speakers.
- Durham Community Dinners. Held the second Friday of each month and open to all! 5:30-7:00 PM, Waysmeet Center, across from Lot C, Mill Road, Durham. Durham Community Dinners promote sustainability and ease hunger in our community. Come and enjoy a delicious, healthy vegan and vegetarian meal with other folks in the community. Co-sponsored by the UNH Organic Garden Club, the Waysmeet Center, and the Cornucopia Food Pantry. Donations of food are always welcome, and volunteers are welcome from 2:30pm on! For more information, visit the Waysmeet Center online calendar or contact Larry Brickner-Wood at 862-1165.
- The UNH Arts & Entertainment Page has all the latest happenings at UNH, from the world-class Celebrity Series and the Traditional Jazz Series to the Art Gallery exhibitions and films.
- Energy Club Meetings. The meetings take place every Monday, 6PM - 7PM, Kingsbury Hall S145. Come join the UNH Energy Club meetings to discuss and learn about energy. You don't need to have any prior knowledge of the subject, we aim to educate our members! Our meetings will consist of presentations by faculty and students, open discussion sessions and information about our upcoming events. Find out more about us and our special events by visiting our website.
- Museum of Art Exhibitions. The Museum of Art presents eight to ten changing exhibitions yearly that cover a range of periods, styles, and media. Works from public and private collections throughout New England, as well as the Museum's permanent collection, provide the focus of important, widely acclaimed exhibitions. Contact the Museum of Art for more information.
- Green Launching Pad Events. The concept of Green Launching Pad is to connect entrepreneurs and private industry with technical, scientific and business faculty and students at UNH and statewide to successfully launch new green businesses. The goal is to launch a competitive “green” energy technology commercialization program, which is accessible to NH entrepreneurs, businesses, and innovators. Projects funded under this program will specifically address commercialization of energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy, and/or sustainable energy projects, programs, services, or techniques that will quickly lead to energy savings and emissions reductions and business and employment growth. The Green Launching Pad will bring together and support interdisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers, economists, faculty, entrepreneurs, and others.