Under its Climate Education Initiative (CEI), UNH is committed to being a Climate Protection Campus that pursues a sustainable energy future through emissions reduction policies, practices, research, & education.
Under CEI, UNH is committed to:
- Educate students in all fields about the relationships among human activities, climate, public and ecosystem health, and appropriate civic and professional actions.
- Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and other criteria pollutants like sulfur dioxide and nitrous oxide.
- Research, develop, and demonstrate innovative solutions to energy challenges.
- Research climate variability, air quality prediction, and public health issues related to climate change.
- Act as a community model for the state and region.