What is the Campus Carbon Calculator?
The Campus Carbon Calculator (CCC) is a tool to help organizations determine how much they are contributing to global climate change, and how they can better manage their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The CCC was originally developed by the former non-profit Clean Air - Cool Planet and the Sustainability Institute at UNH in 2001 and released to the public in 2004. Usage grew from a few dozen early adopters to nearly 200 users during the first year. Today, thousands of institutions in the U.S. and abroad use the Calculator to track their institutional greenhouse gas emissions, including more than 90% of the U.S. colleges and universities that publicly report their emissions. In 2014, the Sustainability Institute at UNH assumed ownership of the Calculator and CarbonMAP.
Want news, updates and inventory guidance?
Join the CC mailing list here!
- REGISTER TO DOWNLOAD the Excel version 9.0 of the Campus Carbon Calculator. You can also download the User’s Guide.
- Visit www.campuscarbon.com/ to try the new online tool, CarbonMap.
- If you represent an institution in Canada, you may wish to download the Canadian version, 6.85 of the Excel-based Campus Carbon Calculator.
Campus Carbon Calculator Support
Need help using the Campus Carbon Calculator or CarbonMAP? Don't know where to start? We've got you covered.
- Introduction to Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Data Collection
- Campus Carbon Calculator Orientation
- Campus Carbon Calculator User's Guide - Just updated to support V9.0!
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory FAQ's
- Campus Carbon Calculator FAQ's
- CarbonMAP FAQ's
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact the Calculator Help Desk at carbon dot calc at unh dot edu or (603) 862-2954. We do our best to support the CCC and CMAP tools with UNHSI’s finite resources, and so cannot always respond immediately; however, you can expect a follow-up email or phone call within 3 business days.